24 July 2013

A stitch in time.....

I've started a new order this week for a lovely lady called Joanne. She contacted me after seeing my stitched piece for Gemma over on My Shabby Chic Workshop. Gemma wanted a framed picture to put on her stall & between us we came up with this...
My Shabby Chic Workshop
Joanne wanted a stitched picture which included her house name & her cats Mia & Edith. 
The design was soon agreed & here's a photo of progress so far. 


 Flowers, cats & butterflies to be stitched over the next few days.
 I love making these pictures - it's so much fun creating something that's so personal to the customer...
 Watch this space or on Facebook for updates...


I bought some 'Binca' the other day - that's 6 count fabric (6 stitches to the inch) which means anything stitched on it will grow very quickly. I'm looking for a design to try out on it. 

6 count Binca

I'm thinking something pretty like an initial..... 
Maybe something like this fab free project at The Making Spot
Wouldn't that look fab in a frame or on a cushion?


Christmas is about to start here at CG&Cs HQ. I'll be deciding on what I'm making based on my best sellers from last year plus some bunting & my new twine decorations - hearts & stars.

Traditional reds
Natural twine
... or any of these colours subject to availablity...


 Here's a selection of gifts & decorations I made last year.... 

Christmas 2012
These have all been sold but if there's anything you are interested in, please get in touch. I'd be only too happy to re-create any of the above.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to....
Jo

xxXXxx

3 comments:

Chrissys for Cards said...

The picture is coming along nicely.
For anyone interested in the hearts and stars, I can recommend them personally.
I have the large natural twine heart and it is lovely - ready to go in my new kitchen, when that gets fitted.

andie at prettyjewellery said...

Lovely stitched picture jo. I still have our cups of tea one in the kitchen and it still looks fab. x Enjoy your summer break crafting x

Deborah said...

Love your picture :)

Bee happy x