23 October 2013

Magazine Mayhem & Christmas Chaos..!!

Do you have a thing for craft magazines? I have...
It's mainly craft mags for me but at this time of year I love the 'all singing, all dancing' Christmas ones too.
Over the last few weeks I've been picking up magazines like they are going out of style..!!

First of all I spied this little beauty ...

Then Prima brought out it's fab Christmas Makes mag which I always buy.

My subscription mag arrived by post & withing 10 minutes I had made a sparkly crochet star using the free gift pack - cool or what?


It's not clear in the pic but the yarn is shot through with silver thread & really nice to work with. In fact, I popped over to Simply Crochet's facebook page to ask what yarn it is. There's enough for maybe another two but I've got Christmas bunting in my head so I'd need to make at least 8 - 10..!!




Remember the slouchy hat I mentioned in my last blog? Well - here it is. My customer was really pleased with it & off the back of that I got an order for one adult & one child hat too.


Mother

Daughter
Other things in the order book include three more baby Christmas gift tag decs, a four leaf clover crochet keyring & a set of three crochet Russian dolls.
Here's number one....


The Baby's First Christmas Felt Gift Tags have really taken off. Unfortunately, because they are being bought for Xmas gifts, I haven't been able to post any proper pictures in case they are 'spotted' by the parents...!!! Never mind, I'll use this years pics to advertise for next year, although they can be made as New Baby tags at any time.

My example photo...

.... & a sneaky peep at the corner of one...!!

All these orders pretty much take me up to the middle of November & I plan to close my order book by 1st December anyway..!!
There's 3 fates to do in the meantime so it's busy times ahead for CG&Cs.... phew.

I'm really looking forward to half term. Firstly, me & Hubby are off for a weekend break to Saundersfoot, Pembs to relax & recharge the batteries ~ bliss..!! Then I'll be home for the rest of the week crafting &
preparing for my first Christmas craft fair being held on Saturday, 2nd November. 


Time to say  
Goodnight.

Take care all, see you next week....  xxx


Jo
Crafty Gifts & Cards

3 comments:

Chrissys for Cards said...

You are a busy lady. Hopefully making up for all those summer fetes. Well done. Those hats are pretty good, love the colouring.

myknitsewcraftcorner said...

Gosh Jo so much to do and what you have made is lovely. Your not the only one to love craft mags I have a habit for hoarding them. I like looking for vintage crafts to from charity shops.
Thanks for your lovely comments Jo and the visits, my computer seems to be running OK now.
best wishes
Julie C

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

I have to resist buying more magazines Jo but may have to treat myself to a couple of Christmas ones!
Your makes are all gorgeous and you've clearly been so busy!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Susan x
P.S I have the little crochet snowflake kit and plan to do it in a quiet moment...especially now I can see how pretty it looks!