1 March 2014

Happy St David's Day


As it's St David's day I thought that I'd give you a little
 'flavour' of Wales...


We're not a big country but we have two flags....


The national flag of Wales


The flag of St David
Welsh cakes
...our famous Welsh cakes...

...and the traditional Welsh costume...
I wear mine all the time..... only joking..!!



It's been half term in Wales this past week which means I've had lots of free time to do some orders & get out & about with friends & family too. My big plan to give my little craft room an overhaul never happened though - too busy crafting - or out..!!

My first order to do was for another of these 'Celebration Hoops' - a gift for a new baby boy due in a few months time. 
Loving the blue spotty fabric...


I've also been practising these lovely crochet butterflies...

My practise run.....
 

  
Another try in silky cotton thread

 This time in crochet cotton thread



I managed to complete some half done projects. You know how it is - you start something but either get fed up or have to start something else... I'd made one owl keyring/bag charm & started two more so I'm pleased to say they are all completed at last..!!

Owl 1 - Olly

Owl two - Ozzy

Owl three - Olivia
Don't forget....
     ...if you see anything you like on here, please get in touch for details. You can message me using the contact box on the right of this blog or visit my page by clicking HERE & leaving a message on my contact tab.


It just remains for me to wish you all 
a HAPPY ST DAVID'S DAY, 
a happy Saturday 
& a happy weekend too...

Bye for now...



4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Lovely blog post Jo. Thanks for all the info on that 'foreign land to the left'. Loving your new makes.

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Happy St.David's Day Jo...I love anything butterfly themed and your little crochet variety are just gorgeous!
Happy Weekend,
Susan x

myknitsewcraftcorner said...

What an interesting read Jo thanks for sharing.
I love the little owls they are cute.
Julie.C x

myknitsewcraftcorner said...

What an interesting read Jo thanks for sharing.
I love the little owls they are cute.
Julie.C x