27 April 2014

Hello again...

Time to share CG&Cs news & things from my little corner of the world...

I'm pleased to announce that I have finally secured a position at the new school. It's been stressful as you may imagine but now it's time to look forward...


Back on the crafting front - 
there has been a holiday 'lul' going on. My next three orders aren't needed til the summer & September so I'm taking it easy & thinking about doing some things fro ME...  After a fab refreshing break away, I'm back & full of  jeux de vie...

I love the chunky knit cushion covers that are everywhere at the moment. 

An example

Now
I don't knit anything except plain stitch but that seems to be popular so I'm going to have a go.


I found this fab yarn in a sale at only £1.90 per 100g ball and got 5 hoping that's enough for two covers. AND - just to be on the safe side I downloaded a fab tutorial from the famous 'Dummies' range.

I made this cover some years ago & decided it would fit in very well with my design plan...

9 panel crochet cushion
Staying on the crochet theme, 
I've been hankering after this book for quite some time & when
The Book People had in on for £3.99, I just had to get it...

Yay... new book..!!

There are lots of lovely project in it - I really like the round cushion shown on the cover & the baby projects are really sweet...


CG&Cs HQ re-vamp...!!
It was long overdue & I knew I had to be firm with myself & throw things out (arghhh)
but now it's all done & I'm delighted with the results.
There were compromises to make - I'll still have to set up my sewing machine every time I need to use it but at least I can now open the door fully & walk around inside..!!
Here are some photos.....



 


Tutorial Time:  not one of mine today...

 instead I'm sharing a fab crochet tutorial by a talented blogger - Mooglyblog 


Take care everyone....
See you soon


4 comments:

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Congratulations on securing your post at the new school Jo and how nice it must be to be planning projects just for you for a change!
Love the jars full of crafty bits..x
Happy Knitting!
Susan x

myknitsewcraftcorner said...

Well done Jo I am pleased about your new Job.
Making things for self is always good for us we spend so much time making for everyone else we forget about ourselves.
Happy planning ahead.
best wishes
Julie.C x

Rosa Lily said...

Happy for your job it makes things a lot easier :) Very tidy, I must do this and I know I should get rid of a few bits (find that quite hard), my cupboards are literally bursting!! xx

Chrissy said...

Looking fabulous Jo