22 December 2014

~Merry Christmas~


Are you ready for Christmas?
I'm never really ready - there'll always be something forgotten, misplaced or eaten before the big day but it all works out in the end...  As it happens, I'm feeling pretty organised this year. 

Cards written & delivered - check
Decorations up - check
Pressies sorted - check
Chocolates/goodies bought - check
Turkey defrosting - check

Yes, I know - it's all going far too smoothly. 
There's a spanner with my name on it waiting to jump into the works at any point..!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 
Crafty Gifts & Cards made some great gifts this year and also started a new venture, the crochet class. I'm hoping to expand on this original idea a little more next year - something along the lines of workshops to create an item in a few hours. It needs some fine tuning yet but who knows......

Something I must improve on is my timing; making winter gifts in the summer and vice versa. 
This Autumn/Winter the Infinity scarf proved to be very popular. I made one for myself in early November & ended up making six more..!! 
Luckily they are a quick make so no-one was disappointed.
Red

Denim

Taupe

Red

Cream & pink


It's been busy but I managed to make this little runner made with free fabric from issue 7 of  'Love Sewing' magazine.


 As you can see, the fabric wasn't really long enough for a 'proper' table runner but it looks fab on my dresser.
I simply pinked the edges of the fabric & backed it with cream felt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to finish, can I say 'Thank you' to all the great people who continue to support CG&Cs.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas & a happy, prosperous New Year.


Here's to 2015 - may all our dreams come true... 

 xxXXxx




3 comments:

Rosa Lily said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and an even better 2015 xxxxx

Julies Knit Stitch Corner said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and New Year Jo.
Julie.C x

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Jo and best wishes for every success in 2015 too! ...xx